current HEAD hangs on my FC3 after login

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 11:02:47 PST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:26:08 -0500, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 19:34 +1100, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Running a CVS checkout from about an hour ago on my i865 motherboard
> > with Radeon 9200 AGP card on a Fedora Core 3 system.
> >
> > gdm works fine, but after login, the gnome splash screen appears and
> > the system mostly hangs, (can't switch VT, kill server), the mouse
> > keeps moving but thats about it, I have to reboot ..
>
> Can you check whether it's related to my commit from December 5th?

Michel,

    Your commit causes some weird problems for me, but I haven't had a
chance to look into the cause yet.   I tested on an m6 and 9200.

1. on the 9200 and the m6 when running GNOME, when nautilus manages
the desktop, and you click and drag the mouse to create a selection
box, the box shading looks ok for a while then turns into weird colors
once the selection box gets above a certain size.

2. on the 9200 when I log in as root, everything works fine apart from
the selection problem noted above; however, when I log in as a regular
user I get a sig11 from the X server as soon as the gnome panels load.

3. on the m6, when I log in as a regular user, but I get a sig 11 in
the X server when I create a nautilus selection box as noted aboved.

apart from these problems DMA for Xv and render seem to work fine.

Alex