[Xorg] Pixmap 24/32 on dual videocard system

Thomas Winischhofer thomas at winischhofer.net
Tue Jul 6 00:47:59 PDT 2004

Gene Heskett wrote:
> I am not seeing Thomas's posts coming in from the list, whats up with
> this?

*me stupid* still can't get used to "Reply All". Sorry.

> But, the above statement brought me up a bit short in that I have a
> sis6326 chipset on an old Diamond SpeedStar A50 card that claims to
> have 8 megs of ram, but the only limit I've seen is several folks
> have posted that it can only access 4 megs of it from that chipset.

That is true. God knows what the other 4 megs were for. (Probably
textures since I believe the 3D engine has one more address bit)

> But to me, it appears that it supports 32bit inputs just fine, hence
> the surprise at seeing that statement.  This BTW, has absolutely
> nothing to do with nvidia, also mentioned in this thread.

Well, the original poster had a problem with a SiS6326 and some NVidia
card at the same time in the same box. So I suppose it actually does...

Thomas Winischhofer
thomas AT winischhofer DOT net	       *** http://www.winischhofer.net
twini AT xfree86 DOT org