[Xorg] xcompmgr

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jul 16 09:51:16 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 09:22, Joe L. wrote:
> I've been trying to get xcompmgr to start up, but it seems that it can't
> figure out how to interface the fixes, damage or composite extensions.
>
> >From the Xserver compile HOWTO on freedesktop.org, it seems as though the
> extensions don't require a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf as certain other
> modules do.  If it does, the option is hidden pretty well -- I've been
> googling for hours for examples of xorg.conf files that load damage or
> composite extensions.  I also tried lines similar to:

There is no support for the extensions necessary to use a compositing
manager in X.Org's X Server.  This is on the top of our list for the
next release.  The "XServer install howto" is for the xserver
repository, which has the kdrive server, which does have the extensions.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org