-DXTHREADS and standalone libraries

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Nov 2 20:11:51 PST 2004

Around 19 o'clock on Nov 2, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Another option would be to remove uses of XTHREADS in the Xlib public
> headers, and simply stub out the virtual functions that get called
> if Xlib wasn't built with threading support.

Alternatively, we could change the code around to use -DNO_XTHREADS in case
there really are places which need to retain ABI compatibility with an
Xlib built without threading support.

The modularized x11.pc has -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -DXTHREADS
-DXUSE_MTSAFE_API, all of which I would rather not see required for the
public interface to work correctly.

-keith