Cross compiling the X server?

Kendall Bennett KendallB at
Mon Nov 29 11:44:14 PST 2004

Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald at> wrote:

> > I do have one question. Is it possible to build the X server and have the
> > binary object files end up in a different directory like it is with most
> > if the GNU tools? I presently build my X trees for x86 on my machine and
> > I would like to be able to cross compile from the same tree but have the
> > binaries be in a different directory
> Not directly. But you could do the following
> mkdir build-dir
> cd build-dir
> lndir /path/to/xc

Cool, that works. Strangely the build I made does not run on my PPC box
for some reason, so something is jacked with my cross compiler setup. But
at least it builds ;-)

Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~