X Zoom Extension: Ideas and Suggestions!

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Wed Apr 27 09:31:49 PDT 2005

Note that magnification is a situation where the display needs to go
fast when you are moving a magnifier or the contents of a window
changes, but most things are static, most of the time.

So having a "cheezy" algorithm that is fast to use in the circumstances
where it has to be fast for interactivity's sake, and another more
expensive one to use when it doesn't need to go fast is a good approach.

And damage lets us know whether window contents are changing under us,
so we can figure out what to do when...
			- Jim