Ripe for adding new modelines?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Aug 18 16:18:15 PDT 2005

Patrick McFarland wrote:

>On Friday 12 August 2005 04:40 am, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
>

>>Erm, does the common code in the meantime take care of this? Did I miss
>>something? So far, I know only of the SiS and radeon drivers to convert
>>ddc timings to modelines internally...
>>

>Is it me, or does this sound like something that should be made a generic
>driver feature? (WWAAAARGH! I'm not volunteering!!!)

Well, I can stare at it some....  But the last time I worked on X
drivers it was X11R3, and it was on a VAXstation-II... that should
tell you how long ago it was.

If someone can walk me through what needs to be done, I can
see about writing the code (or restructuring it, if it is already
present in the SiS drivers and just needs to be generalized) and
testing it.

BTW:  Does anyone have access to standard timing modes for
the various TV standard modes (i.e. 1280x720p, etc) for HD,
ATSC, PAL/SECAM, NSTC-M and -J, etc.

Thanks,

-Philip