Gnome & EXA - Any progress ?

morgoth6 at box43.pl morgoth6 at box43.pl
Sun Dec 4 05:54:25 PST 2005

Hell[o]

> I wonder is someone take a deeper look at this problems with GTK (Or maybe
> Gnome itself) with EXA enabled ? I give another try to EXA after upgrade
> Xorg and some of the Gnome components but it is still dead slow when using
> EXA (With or without composite)

A small update to my previous report. Today I upgraded to KDE 3.5 and it seems the same problem with EXA appear in it. It is usable, but when I run any application that draws some text to root window (For example conky or torsmo) it starts to crawl. Looking at top output shows me that X process is taking 80% of the CPU time when conky or torsmo are updating contents of the window (Can be adjusted with update_interval option) Maybe this would help to trace this problem. The release date for 6.9/7.0 is realy near now ...

--------
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::

   ::: Homepage # http://binaryriot.com/dreamolers :::
  ::: Homepage # http://www.tbs-software.com/morgoth/ :::