dmx, crashing programs

Luke Albers gtg940r at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 5 14:34:31 PST 2005

Hey everyone

I got dmx sort of running today, with one monitor on this computer and
one on another one.  Unfortunately, whenever I try to run either gaim or
firefox, the window flashes up and then immediately disappears, and I
get this error:

The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
  The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib
length erro'.
    (Details: serial 707 error_code 16 request_code 144 minor_code 30)
                  backtrace from your debugger if you break on the
gdk_x_error() function.)
                 firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (1)

and the same when I run gaim.  The only stuff I tried to run with dmx
running was firefox, gaim, and xterm, and xterm was the only one that
worked.

If it matters, this is how I am running it:

-set xhost +<main computer> on the secondary
-xinit on the secondary
-xinit on the primary
- Xdmx :1 +xinerama -display localhost:0 -display remotehost:0

and thats it.  Anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks