Keyboard question/change request

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Dec 2 10:26:53 PST 2005

On Iau, 2005-12-01 at 13:12 +0200, Troy wrote:
> been added to X Windows w/o me noticing). Specifically, current
> dead-keys always combine with the following character, or then
> generate the diacritic itself. Our new design requires that two

With exceptions such as compose (shift-altgr) which causes the next two
arbitary symbols typed after the compose is released to be composited
(eg shift-altgr <release> then ss generates ß)

Gtk at least has a mechanism for typing arbitary unicode characters by
their character number as well. I'm not sure if that is a Gtk or Xkb
feature however.