Problems with web site and user mailing lists

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Dec 7 22:45:48 PST 2005

On the front page, it says
at [WWW]XOrg Foundation.
developers.  As I eventually realized, the first list was the same as
the one you directed users to on the main page.

3. The direction to send questions to xorg at ... should mention that you
must be subscribed.  For example, I sent this note just before I
subscribed, and had it come back!

I had a user-level question.  The instructions on the site appeared to
direct me to lists for developers (not right for a user), bug reports
(not right if you think you may be doing something wrong), and a
hotline to the developers (" Send other questions or comments to
xorg at lists.freedesktop.org.").  I wanted more a public support list,
which is what the last edress turned out to be.  It might be good to
rework the instructions a bit to make that clearer.

Thanks.

Ross Boylan

P.S. The mailto's have periods at the end of the edress.  If that's
not intential obfuscation, it would be good to remove them.