Intel 955 chipset with a plasma TV

Zoltán Kovács kovzol at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 10:11:52 PST 2005

Dear Developers,

I successfully found that my previous problem was due to the incorrect
/etc/resolv.conf settings. Since I changed it, I have no such behaviour.
Thank you for your help in that issue.

Now I have a second, completely different problem. I'd like to buy a Dell
Optiflex 620 machine with built-in Intel GMA 950 chipset on its motherboard.
The http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/ web page tells that it
has source support for XFree86 under Linux. Unfortunately I cannot test this
machine before I buy one, because in Hungary there is no such machine in the
stores so I have to order it from abroad.

I have to use this machine with a plasma TV monitor in the resolution
848x480 and/or 852x480 under Linux. What do you recommend: shall I order
this machine blindly or not, so is it possible that I will not able to use
my plasma TV display for this Dell machine?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards, Zoltan

--
Kovács Zoltán, http://particio.com/~kovzol <http://particio.com/%7Ekovzol>