firefox-1.5 and RC3 Monolithic

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at uludag.org.tr
Wed Dec 14 08:01:16 PST 2005

Hi;

Instead of reporting a bug i want to first ask to list because im not sure
this is a bug or future :)

While trying to compile firefox-1.5 on top of Xorg RC3 (monolithic one)
following error occured;

checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 1.3.7... yes
checking MOZ_GTK2_CFLAGS... -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
checking MOZ_GTK2_LIBS...  -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0
-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0
-lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0
Package xproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xproto.pc'
Package 'xproto', required by 'Xft', not found
checking for xft...
configure: error: Library requirements (xft) not met; consider adjusting the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard
prefix so pkg-config can find them.

This was the same source and patch set compiled well on RC2 monolithic one, so
we suspect xorg rc3 and while looking found this;

pardus mozilla # grep -r xproto /usr/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xft.pc:Requires: xproto, xrender, fontconfig, freetype2

Removing xproto, xrender from xft.pc makes firefox compile, so seems like
there is a mixture problem (or feauture which means a firefox error :P) for
modular tree and monolithic one.

Yours
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at uludag.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.uludag.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!