Modular X.org and the Unichrome forks.

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sat Dec 24 01:50:04 PST 2005

Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> About the very last bit, you, and Ivor Hewitt and Andreas Robinson,
> should've thought about that before:
> - You all criticised me for being that verbose about very much needed
> hardware donations (which i became after a release had been postponed
> for several weeks due to no-one having the hardware to test a serious
> problem report). Donations btw, which i have only ever been willing to
> accept from commercial users (i have sinned: the only hardware i didn't
> pay for my self is the discarded CH7019B daughterboard from an Acer
> Aspire 135x).
> - You all so eagerly pounced on the resulting donations.
> - You all left shortly after.

Bah spend a few days offline with eye problems, and this happens.

Right, lets clear this crap up once and for all since you keep making these
personal and misleading statements over and over publicly, and much as I'd
rather ignore this I can't let this lie.

What are we talking about here?

1. We are talking about an EpiaM10000 that was donated to investigate a very
specific issue a company was having. Everyone else turned it down on the
basis that they didn't have time to look into it and already had an EpiaM
anyway. I declined initially, then accepted, used the item and found the
company a workaround. I then offered to return the machine and was told not
to bother.

2. We are talking about a non-tv Comell Unichrome-Pro donated for the
specific purpose of getting unichrome-pro support working. In this case I
believe I turned the item down three times saying that Andreas, Thomas or
Luc should receive it since I had taken the first donation. After the donor
pressed wanting to know why no-one wanted it, I again accepted and with
minor tweaking we had Xv and XvMC going.

I subsequently offered the Unichrome-Pro to you, Luc, on two occasions and
you declined.

Nobody "pounced" on anything.

3. Leaving - Everyone didn't leave because of a deep "technical difference
of opinion", everyone left because they couldn't work with you and your
attitude and your offensive remarks to users or about VIA.

4. Er, Merry Christmas?

Regards,

--
Ivor Hewitt