CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Feb 1 00:41:58 PST 2005

Around 17 o'clock on Feb 1, Daniel Stone wrote:

> I made this change so we could actually delineate between what was
> and was not private API.  I don't know what the rationale for intruding
> on another library's allegedly private API was in the first place, but
> I just made it official: either it should be public, or libSM must not
> rely on it.

I haven't done this for other public-but-unadvertised symbols as used in
Xlib; I'm not sure it's strictly necessary.

It does look "nicer" to have all of the public APIs not represented with
secret underscore prefixes, but I think we can take this too far.

Anyone else care if the "public" API includes a bunch of random underscore
prefixed symbols which are essentially accidentally shared symbols?

-ketih