XDamage extension over-reports window damage

Jonathan Lennox lennox at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 3 11:41:00 PST 2005

On Wednesday, February 2 2005, "Keith Packard" wrote to "Jonathan Lennox, Keith Packard, xorg at lists.freedesktop.org" saying:

> > What do you think?  If you'd like, I can file an enhancement request in the
> > freedesktop bugzilla with this patch.
>
> Sure; let's get the backing store issues resolved before that though.

I think the patch below has now resolved the backing store issue.

There are two changes from the previous patch.  When a window has a
backingStore setting other than NotUseful, the current behavior is
maintained; similarly, calls to damageDamageRegion() where there isn't an
obvious relevant GC or Picture structure with a subWindowMode don't clip.
(This applies to calls to DamageDamageRegion from outside
miext/damage/damage.c, as well as the internal calls in damagePaintWindow(),
damageCopyWindow(), and damageRestoreAreas().)

Should I file an enhancement request in bugzilla?