2 cards + 4 monitors + OpenGL acceleration

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 06:02:34 PST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:23:22 +0100, Olivier Chapuis
<olivier.chapuis at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know whether Xorg can handle 4 monitors with 2 double
> head cards (e.g., 2 nvidia cards) as one large screen (à la Xinerama
> with maybe MergeFB) with accelerated (direct) openGL rendering?
>
> Thanks, Olivier

maybe.  nvidia's binary drivers may allow you to get accelerated
openGL working on both cards (not sure, I've never used their
drivers).  If you can, you should be able to get dmx (http:/dmx.sf.net
- also now included in xorg) to create a big screen across all the
heads.  glxproxy (included with dmx) would then allow you to get
accelerated indirect rendering across the servers.

Alex