r300 on PPC problem

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 04:06:45 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:16:12 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> An interesting issue with current X.org CVS and current Linux bk is that
> on r300, the DRI module now loads, and 2D is broken. It looks like an
> endian issue (like pixels are horizontally flipped), I can post a
> snapshot later I suppose. Preventing the kernel module from loading
> fixes it, so I suspect it's an issue with the 2D CCE accel for r300. Is
> this a known problem ?

Yes i added a bug to Xorg. But i am wondering if the problem is
in the drm. Really don't know enought on that but i will look at
drm see if it may came from here. This is more probably due to
the fact that rbbm_gui_cntl endian swapping don't work on r300.

Jerome Glisse