X needs 99% CPU with gravitywars on radeon 9200

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Wed Feb 16 10:36:52 PST 2005

Hello

I've tried to run gravitywars on with Xorg on my radeon 9200 card.

With this setup, X eats 99% of the CPU and gravitywars is left with
1%. In this case the game is not playable.

With Xfree from Debian Sid, the game fares better with about 55% CPU
for X and 45% for granvitywars. (Even though

I've verified that hardware acceleration works fine: I get about 1500
fps with glxgears (and tuxracer is playable).

Does anyone have similar problems with gravitywars (or SDL) with xorg
or radeon cards ?

Thanks