TV-Input and TV-Output for Radeon 8500DV (R200)

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:15:14 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:01:56 +0800, Anders Johansson <ajh at watri.org.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that parts of the GATOS project has been merged into
> x.org (thanks Vladimir, Alex and everyone else). I have three
> questions:
>
> 1. How can I record from TV-input (is it possible)? Is the interface
> v4l compatible, if not, will it be? I would like to use it with mythtv.

I think you need the experimental kernel capture module from gatos cvs
to get a v4l interface.  I'm not sure what capturing if any is
available via Xv.

> 2. Does TV-output work, if not, is anyone working on it?

no.  not yet.  I plan to start looking into it as soon as I finish up
some of my current projects.  there is some experimental code
available on a branch in the GATOS tree and in the open source beos
radeon driver.

> 3. Is x.org binary compatible with old xfree86 or do I have to
> recompile all X applications to use it (currently running debian
> sarge)?

it's compatible with X apps.

> Thank you for your help,
> //Anders