New Release Manager (Was: Status of xserver/debrix/modulartree?)

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at
Mon Feb 21 10:28:17 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:50:09 -0800, Alan Coopersmith
<Alan.Coopersmith at> wrote:
> Rogelio Serrano wrote:
> > Im afraid it has to go. People will be cursing us ten years from now
> > if we try to keep a bad decision alive for so long.
> I'm afraid we need it to stay.   We use it now.   Leaving it for those
> of us who want it, need it, and are willing to do the work to maintain
> it will not inhibit those who hate it from ignoring it.   It's not in
> your way, so don't get in ours.
> Forcing things like the destruction of Xprint on people will only chase
> away developers and distributors and reduce the number of people willing
> to work to make X.Org a success - we've got too few people already to
> chase away some of the most active supporters.
> --
>         -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at
>          Sun Microsystems, Inc. - X Window System Engineering

Well thats fair enough. The subset of applications im using dont use it anyway.

Blood is thicker than water... and much tastier
                                           John Davidorff Pell