Keyboard handling architecture

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Sun Feb 27 12:34:50 PST 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to update an X.org and want to correctly craft the kdb
module. I have had some limited success, but I am still having
problems and could use a bit of education. With the legacy keyboard
driver, there is a clear distinction between Home (grey home on
an AT keyboard) and KP_Home (the one on the numeric keypad). But
with the kbd module, most of which I modified from the Linux code,
I get no such distinction.

Is there any documentation lying around anywhere that gives an
overview of how keyboards are supposed to be handled by the server
that can point me in the right direction? A brief description of
keypress through interpretation would be a really really big help.

Thanks in advance.

Kean