Why glXCreateWindow generates BadRequest?

Aric Cyr aric.cyr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 00:41:39 PDT 2005

> I wrote a glx client program with glXCreateWindow,
> but I got BadRequest when I ran it.
> I checked Xserver's code, __glXDispatch use __glXNoSuchSingleOpcode to
> deal with glXCreateWindow.
> Why?
> I wonder if I can use glXCreateWindow or not in my program?

I ran into this problem recently myself.  The reason that
glXCreateWindow() is unsupported is that it is a GLX 1.3 function, and
as glxinfo will show you, Xorg/DRI is using only GLX 1.2 for when
direct rendering.  Similarly all the PBuffer extensions in GLX 1.3 are
unavailable.  The fbconfig extensions are implemented however, so
those work just fine.

--
Aric Cyr <Aric.Cyr at gmail dot com>    (http://acyr.net)