EXA Problem

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sun Jul 10 16:27:11 PDT 2005

On Sunday 10 July 2005 14:58, Anthony Romano wrote:
> "The driver
> will load exa automatically if you ask for exa acceleration."
>
> And how is that done? I assume in the drivers section, but with what
> command?

Option "AccelMethod" "exa", iirc.  It will at any rate be documented in the
man page.

> As a side note, how will I be able to build just the radeon driver w/o
> rebuilding the entire server. Thanks!

Well since you have cvs checked out and built, once exa support lands in the
radeon driver, you can do:

cd xc
cvs up
cd programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/radeon
make

And then copy the radeon_drv.so from exports/lib/modules/drivers/ into
your /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers.

- ajax