libprinter.a .99 error ...?

Felix Schulte felix.schulte at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:39:29 PDT 2005

On 7/12/05, Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Adam Jackson wrote:
>
> > We are not going to require a copy of the Xlib source to build the server.
> > The source that gets symlinked across has to get cloned, this is a direct
> > result of modularisation.  The only issue is whether they can be cloned
> > without needing to link Xprt against Xlib as well.  Alan seems to know how to
> > prevent this link.
>
> XWin and Xnest do require libX11 too. So what's the problem with linking it
> into Xprt?

The solution currently available in CVS does not work and even if it
would work it bloat the resource usage in an unnecessary way. And XWin
and Xnest have proper reasons for linking against libX11 while Xprt
just needs the resource database functions as this is an essential
part of the print extension protocol.

--
      _        Felix Schulte
    _|_|_     mailto:felix.schulte at gmail.com