Displaying mirrored image / proposed Option "Rotate" "180"

Tomasz Mloduchowski qdottbm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 08:42:52 PDT 2005

I quote from man nv:

Option "Rotate" "CW"
Option "Rotate" "CCW"
              Rotate  the display clockwise or counterclockwise.  This mode is
              unaccelerated.  Default: no rotation.

There is nothing about being incremental.
And experiment confirms that: specifying Option "Rotate" twice makes
it active only once.

I'd try experimenting with nvidia driver, maybe this will work (but
first I'd have to make this driver understand what Transmeta Efficeon
CPU/development board is).

Bottom line: It's not working with Xorg's nv implementation.

Tomasz.

On 7/23/05, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de> wrote:
> On Saturday, 23. July 2005 01:25, Tomasz Mloduchowski wrote:
> > However,
> > Option "Rotate" "xxx" allows only 90 deg rotation. What I need to do
> > is either create a mirror image or rotate the image by 180 deg (which
> > is equivalent to flip + mirror).
> never used that, but afaik and as the nvidia README says, rotation
> is /incremental/, so rotating by 90° twice will provid
e your 180° rotation