DynamicClocks on R200

Patrick McFarland pmcfarland at downeast.net
Sat Jul 23 23:18:45 PDT 2005

I was reading the radeon manpage, and I saw DynamicClocks, and it said I could
save power, but it possibly could decrease speed in some cases. So, I thought
to my self, "my machine uses a lot of power as it is, so lets turn that on."

Before turning it on, I ran the good ole glxgears, and it gave me consistant
scores if slightly below 2000 fps. With it on, however, glxgears gives me
scores consistently slightly above 2100 fps. What gives?

Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || pmcfarland at downeast.net