removing PowerMAX_OS support

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Jul 25 10:17:59 PDT 2005

On Saturday, July 23, 2005 4:05 pm, Dave Airlie wrote:
> This support was added over 7 years ago to XFree86, and a comment
> went into Pci.h about 4 years ago saying this is broken.
>
> I'd like to remove this crap from the current tree before 7.0 and
> just leave it die... it is mainly hooked into the Pci subsystem and
> as I''m fixing it up at the moment I'm surely going to break it
> further...
>
> I'll code up a patch at some stage if nobody really cares..

There are lots of platforms that are likely to be broken.  Unless
someone steps up to maintain them, I think we should be fairly
aggressive in deleting them.  After all, if they're broken, no one can
test them, and resurrecting them from old CVS versions is fairly easy
if someone starts to care in the future...

I have a list of platforms gathered from Pci.h and compiler.h, but Kevin
said he had one as well that he'd post along with a call for
maintainers.  We should probably aim for having a maintainer list
checked into the tree by 6.9/7.0 release time.

Jesse