Input Devices

Wed Jul 27 12:11:47 PDT 2005

Jim Gettys wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 17:46 +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>>6) /dev/input/mice allows multiple mice to control the core pointer, how would
>>one achieve that same functionality (when so desired by the user) when using
>>evdev?
>

> This should be left to the X Input extension; if it doesn't/can't do the
> "right thing", we should fix it (it's been about a year since I last
> reread XInput, so I don't remember).

Xorg's current input device implementation handles this under the hood, but I
don't believe the XInput Extension itself has support for it.   (At least
other X servers with XInput only allow a single mouse at a time to control
the core pointer, though XInput lets you switch which one it is at runtime.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com