render improvements

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Jun 14 03:23:37 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 10:12 +0200, Lars Knoll wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2005 22:01, David Reveman wrote:

> > > That should not be too hard. It just got forgotten. I'll try to add it in
> > > again over the weekend (as well as finish the gradients).
> >
> > Good, I could do it myself but as you wrote the new code I thought it'd
> > be easier for you to do it. I realized the missing convolution code as I
> > was trying to merge my transparent/pad/reflect picture extend code,
> > which need some more work but I'll send a patch to the xorg list when
> > this is done so you can use it for your gradients.
>
> Ok, I just submitted it to xserver. I'll submit it to xorg a bit later, once I
> got it built and tested.

Thanks for spending some time on getting this working again.

I saw that you changed so that the ConvolutionFilter is added by
default, I'm not sure that we want to do that without verifying that all
DDX's are aware of it. But I think kdrive's ATI driver is the only one
that accelerate transformations except Xgl so we could probably just
make sure that it doesn't try to accelerate it as Nereast or Bilinear
filters and it should be fine.

I tried the ConvolutionFilter but it doesn't seem to work... while
trying this I also realized that there's seems to be issues with
transformÊ   .   Ê   ..  Ê
Repository  nÉ  ÔEntries [É  ÄEntries.Log nÉ  °Entries.Backup                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          /cvs/xorg/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/vga2/drivers/et3000
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Tue Jun 14 07:00:26 2005