New acceleration architecture

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Jun 28 11:13:11 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:21, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> And what about the loader symbols (or is this loader-symbol stuff out
> since the dl? - I admit I haven't followed development in this area)

Assuming exa is a loadable module the way xaa is, any non-static symbol in it
is visible to the driver (for now anyway).  I plan on enforcing inter-module
API as much as possible through use of _X_EXPORT and -fvisibility.  I haven't
had a chance to look at the public exa api, but I imagine it's quite small.

From the driver's perspective, you still need to declare the symbols you're
importing from exa, same as you do with xaa.

- ajax