Compilation error while trying to build xserver modules

Philip Van Hoof spamfrommailing at freax.org
Tue Mar 1 02:19:59 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 21:13 +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:

> Which version of automake are you using?  I recommend sudo apt-get
> install automake1.8+ automake- automake1.4-

That made it work, thanks. Perhaps for documentation purposes, I'll
include the "apt-get"-log.

$ sudo apt-get install automake1.8+ automake- automake1.4-
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
automake1.8 is already the newest version.
Note, selecting automake1.4 instead of automake
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  automake1.4
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 987kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 139369 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing automake1.4 ...
$

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos