XRecord trouble

Joel Dice dicej at mailsnare.net
Thu Mar 3 10:27:46 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Joel Dice wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I'm having trouble using the XRecord extension in a program, and I wondered
> if anyone on this list might have some insight.
>
> The trouble is that XRecordDisableContext does not seem to have any effect,
> and I've been unable to find any way to stop a thread which has begun
> accepting XRecord events.  The following program illustrates the problem -
> the call to XCloseDisplay never returns:

  - snip -

Nevermind - I figured it out.  I hadn't realized that
XRecordDisableContext *must* be called on a different connection than the
one used for XRecordEnableContext, since the server ignores all requests
from the recording client until the context is disabled.  The fix for me
was to add a control thread which is responsible for disabling the context
via its own connection.

Thanks for reading.

Joel