Xglx (partial) success story

Francesco Biscani biscani at pd.astro.it
Sun Mar 13 16:05:51 PST 2005

Thanks for all your replies!

The fact that Xglx seems to be slower on DRI than on ATI drivers has been
confirmed by some other users I talked to, regardless of the fact that video
card's memory is shared or discrete. At this point I would be curious to see
a DRI vs. ATI performance comparison on a board which is supported by both
drivers.

Another question I have is this: IIRC there was some talking about rewriting
the Radeon drivers to better accelerate Xrender (something about switching
from XAA to Kdrive acceleration framework... forgive me if I'm not very
accurate). In the light of Xglx's coming, does this still make sense or would
it be better to focus on improving 3D acceleration?

Thanks again,

  Francesco

--
Dr. Francesco Biscani