Should SpecialKey always be special?

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Mon Mar 28 00:37:22 PST 2005

Hello everyone,

Please forgive my ignorance here as I am not an xkb-head, but
is SpecialKey always special? That function typically hardcodes
screen switch sequences, and I am curious if it is possible to
program the screen switch from Ctrl-Alt-Fx to, say, Ctrl-Shift-Fx
in an xkb map. So I guess thats really two questions:
a) Can you reprogram special sequences like screen switch and
    resolution select with XKB, and
b) Does using xkb override the keyboard driver SpecialKey so
    that the code there wont do the switching if the answer to
    (a) is YES.

Thanks for any input.

Kean