Radeon X1300 under Xorg 6.8.2 ?

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Tue Nov 1 05:15:31 PST 2005

Hi,

I just bought a radeon X1300-based gfx card, thinking it could run under
linux at least without acceleration but apparently it's not that easy.
I installed a fresh ubuntu 5.10 (Xorg 6.8.2), and the radeon driver
doesn't detect any card:

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 05:00:0
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:5:0:1) found
(EE) No devices detected.

if I specify a ChipID for the card:

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 05:00:0
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:5:0:1) found
(WW) RADEON: ChipID 0x7142 in Device section "ATI Technologies, Inc. ATI Default Card" isn't valid for this driver
(EE) No devices detected.

Is it possible to force the driver to recognize the card, or do I have
to return it prompty and buy something else ?

Thanks,

	Xav