Need review for #3180 please

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Mon Nov 7 19:41:45 PST 2005

> So it should probably depend on whether or not it's being called from
> xorgcfg, not #ifdef'ed per OS - perhaps adding a boolean to
> XF86ConfMonitorRec
> to specify whether the numbers were being overridden and have xorgcfg
> set that when needed - unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with this
> part of the system to know how good an idea that is.
Personally I think its overkill. I think the current code
in Monitor.c is just plain wrong, especially from an intuitive
point of view. The purpose of that code is to write out config
entries based on input values. The way it currently stands, it
is ignoring those values and applying other semantics to it,
thus knowing that if you leave them all undefined, you get DDC.

I would like to fix this better for the future, perhaps even
changing xorgcfg to have a specific option for using DDC. But
that can come after the rc2 deadline :)

May I go ahead and start the commit (with the new Monitor.c
patch and the removed sco dead keys in XKeysymsDB)?

Kean