Need review for #3180 please

Mon Nov 7 20:04:40 PST 2005

Kean Johnston wrote:
>>  - programs/xterm/main.c:  This should be reported to Thomas Dickey.
>>    We're just mirroring his xterm sources in Xorg right now for 6.9,
>>    and telling users to pull directly from his sources for the
>>    modular builds.
>
> Ok ... I will send that directly to him. When you say you mirror
> it for 6.9, does that mean I shouldn't commit as well as submit
> to him? Or commit to the xorg repository *and* submit?

For now do both, since I'm not planning on pulling in any more xterm
patches for 6.9 unless an important fix comes in.   If/when 6.9.1 comes
around, the release manager may decide to update to a newer xterm and
your changes would be lost then if not merged into Thomas's master source,
since we've pretty much just imported the latest code from Thomas, not
done any sort of merging with our own fixes.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com