X11R7 RC1 works more than less on linux/sparc (ati and sunffb)

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Fri Nov 11 11:05:23 PST 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 14:54, René Rebe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to find out that X11R7 RC1 does work more than less on
> linux/sparc (32bit userspace). There are "only" two problems:
>
>  - The loader fails to load the modules used by sunffb, cfb and cfb32.
> look into fixing this later. Also is it reasonable to convert the sunffb
> driver to the new fb layer or is the loss in performance to be expected?

Converting it to fb should _improve_ performance.  And indeed, this is mostly
done in CVS (and thus the RCs), but it still needs cfb for the 8+24 overlay
mode.

That said, cfb should be dlloader-clean now, so I'd appreciate it if you could
send me (preferably off-list) an X log from a failed startup so I can figure
out what still needs to be fixed.

- ajax