Lock-ups with Radeon and xorg 6.9

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 07:04:05 PST 2005

On 11/17/05, Alexej Davidov <alexej.davidov at gmx.net> wrote:

> Same with RC2. I don't seem to be the only one with this problem:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8904147&forum_id=6511.
> No one seems to have an idea what the problem is, though.

We think that we didn't initialize or setup properly one things
in the card. So if you first run fglrx, fglrx will setup properly
the card and then any latter use of r300 should work without
any lockup.

So if you could try to run fglrx first, then r300 driver and report
the result here. If lockup disappear then it's likely that you are
facing an issue similar to the lockup of radeon 9800...

Jerome