Lock-ups with Radeon and xorg 6.9

Alexej Davidov alexej.davidov at gmx.net
Fri Nov 18 08:12:26 PST 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:46:15 +0100
Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 23:09 +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> >
> > Maybe it's worth removing the fastwrites option.  (What
> > sacrelidge!  Flames ahoy!)
>
> I doubt it'd be missed, but the original poster says he gets a lockup
> even with DRI disabled...

That's true. I also tried to set AGPFastWrite to "no" and AGPMode to
"1". I actually could start X with this settings once without a lockup.
But this was an exception. Further starts were not successful.

Anyway, I will file a bug report. But I don't think it'll help, as I
can't see anything unusual in the logs. Would it help to compile the
radeon driver with enabled debug logs? If so, how can I enable them?