Xorg-6.8.99.902: Secondary All-In-Wonder Pro (Mach64) isn't initialized if running >=kernel-2.6.13

Michael Steier michael.steier at gmx.net
Wed Nov 23 11:13:56 PST 2005

Hi all,

I have 2 graphic cards installed, AGP: Geforce 4 (primary) and PCI:
All-In-Wonder Mach64 (secondary). The secondary card (ati xorg module)
can't be initialized since i've switched to a kernel higher than 2.6.12.
This is maybe caused by the missing /devfs support since 2.6.13, at
least it breaks the older nvidia modules (up to 7174). I need an older
nvidia module version and thus i've to make the /dev nodes at bootup to
work around that problem. Maybe it's some kind of similar problem with
the ATI card. If i boot the ATI card as primary, both cards work just fine.

Actually, it's not a big deal, but being able to use a newer kernel
would be nice. So any help appreciated ...

Thanks
Michael