XSetClipMask breaks mouse-related events

Magnus Sjöstrand mange at snusk.com
Wed Nov 23 23:37:18 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm implementing a window manager and I want to clip the outline of windows when
dragging to windows that are below the current window. Currenty I create a Pixmap
which is initially all white and then fill the bounds of the windows above with
black. This all seems to work fine, but when I call XSetClipMask I no longer get
any events for the button ( no buttonrelease, motionnotify ). The only events
still coming seems to be Expose and keyevents. The only way to turn things back
to normal is to kill the server. I've tried clipping with the Shape extension as
well, with the same result.

Is there anything special that needs to be done before calling XSetClipMask?

regards
/Magnus Sjöstrand