DRI Lockups

Arturo Garcia arturo_lists at onetel.com
Sun Oct 16 11:57:07 PDT 2005

On Sunday 16 Oct 2005 19:36, morgoth6 at box43.pl wrote:
> Currently I use xorg-server cvs snap from 13.10.05 and latest cvs ati
> drivers. Also I updated drm to recent cvs snap. Still the same problem.
> Sometimes I can start X with DRI and sometimes it locks the machine
> completly.

I've had a similar issue, but in my case was a theme called "baghira" on KDE
and it locks up my X completely if I use glxgears.

Try to isolate the problem...  It may be a program that uses 3D rendering when
you start X.  Does it lock even before loading the login manager?
--
while (me.drink())
{

me.abort();