Xorg 7.0-rc1 and EXA (radeon 9200)

thomas klein thomas.klein at lanterne.org
Sat Oct 22 08:15:46 PDT 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 12:00, Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:00:17 +0200
wrote:
> El Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:43:12 +0200,
>
> Pierre Ossman <drzeus-list at drzeus.cx> escribió:
> > I have a Radeon Mobility 9200 and the performance of EXA is very
> > uneven. When it works as it should it really flies, but now and
> > then it slows to a crawl. I'm guessing memory usage is an issue
> > because the desktop window is the one causing most grief. A
> > simple things as hovering above desktop icons (making them light
> > up) causes the system to lock up for a second.
> >
> > I've tried the settings you suggested but it didn't have any
> > effect. Any way of diagnosing the problem?
>
> I've had problems with a radeon9200se + kcompmgr - it works
> great for hours, but then everything starts slowing down. X.org RSS
> increases a lot (from 15 MB to > 40). restarting kompmgr solves it
> and RSS goes down a bit (not too much) but it's not as fast as
> before. _______________________________________________

I have this kind of problem (some slowdown, lags when scrolling text
browser, xterm, editor, ...) with composite.

With the nvidia binary driver, the nv driver, trying the
6.9 (experimetal) debian packages and nv driver, in 16 and 24 bpp,
with an old TNT2 32Mo ram, with an old matrox G400 32M, with xcompmgr
and kompmgr.

regards,

t.

--
GPG Fingerprint : 5BFE 1853 0D15 4570 EFA6 0686 7A9A 00B3 E59B C412

--
GPG Fingerprint : 5BFE 1853 0D15 4570 EFA6 0686 7A9A 00B3 E59B C412