I can't "git" it

Rob Currey robc at graphon.com
Wed Aug 2 17:15:47 PDT 2006

I'm trying to obtain the R7.1 release via "git" ...

I'm a complete "git" newbie (as are probably 99% of the devlopment world) so bear with me please.

I see the "git_xorg" script instructions from the wiki, but that appears to get the "HEAD" (excuse the cvs terminology).

I see that the CVS repository was tagged with "XORG-7_1" before it's demise (but that won't git me the .git info to use for diffs, submitting patches, etc)

I also searched the mail archives and found this http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-June/015779.html ...

So ... what's my "best practice" here? (and I can't really rely upon the HEAD for _our_ release stability reasons)

Rob

BTW, some of my initial work has turned up some minor patches necessary for HP 11.00 building (still not complete). AIX 5.1 will come after that.