I can't "git" it

Rob Currey robc at graphon.com
Wed Aug 2 17:15:47 PDT 2006

I'm trying to obtain the R7.1 release via "git" ...

I'm a complete "git" newbie (as are probably 99% of the devlopment world) so bear with me please.

I see the "git_xorg" script instructions from the wiki, but that appears to get the "HEAD" (excuse the cvs terminology).

I see that the CVS repository was tagged with "XORG-7_1" before it's demise (but that won't git me the .git info to use for diffs, submitting patches, etc)

I also searched the mail archives and found this http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-June/015779.html ...

So ... what's my "best practice" here? (and I can't really rely upon the HEAD for _our_ release stability reasons)

BTW, some of my initial work has turned up some minor patches necessary for HP 11.00 building (still not complete). AIX 5.1 will come after that.