i810 driver: Xv on mergefd

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 27 13:11:39 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 13:23 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 12:26 +0200, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 August 2006 12:19, Erwin Rol wrote:
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to do Xv on a 852GM with mergedfb ? I have it working on
> > > one screen , but on the second screen i only get the blue ColorKey
> > > color.
> >
> > I do not have the SPECs, but it is likely that the chip only has one
> > hardware overlay. The only thing that is doable in that case is an option
> > to force it on the first or second pipe.
>
> this would not be a problem, because the video has to be full screen on
> screen 1 or full screen on screen 2, not on both at the same time, and
> not half on one and half on the other screen.
>
> This worked fine on a  M9 radeon, that also has only one overlay, but it
> doesn't seem to work on the i810. I have one LCD panel connected to the
> LVDS output, and one to a VGA output, it works on the LVDS output, but
> on the VGA output it stays blue.
>
> The VGA/CRT is Pipe A en the LVDS/LFP is Pipe B.

I've tested mergedfb with Xv on a 945G / 945GM and it works fine, and I
wouldn't expect problems on the 8xx series.

As the Intel chips only have a single overlay the driver will only flip
the pipe when the video window has completely moved onto the new head.

If that isn't occurring, then log it as a bug. If that works, but you
are attempting something else - can you describe the situation in more
detail ?

Alan.