i810 driver: Xv on mergefd

Mon Aug 28 01:55:44 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 09:37 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 02:47 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

> > My real problem is that i need mergedfb and modesetting, because i
> > managed to hack the modesetting branch to work with my bad-BIOS (only
> > has panel size 1024x768, and my panel is 1280x800). But that branch only
> > does clone mode :-/ I asked before but is there any way to help with
> > bringing modesetting to the master branch, i saw you (Alan) started
> > another git repo to do this.
>
> Right. So you can use this code if you wish, but I don't expect the
> modesetting code to go into the master until it can do everything that
> the current BIOS driver can.

How "correct" is the code in the projects/users/alanh/xorg?

And what is still missing? When I look around most ppl have problems
because of what the BIOS can not do, like setting the resolution of
their laptops correct :-)

> Eric Anholt and Keith Packard have the documentation to drive the branch
> forward and I'm not sure what their timescales are for doing this work.

Eric, Keith, is there a timescale for getting modesetting working in
master ?

> I don't want to merge the code I have either, as Intel may have a better
> direction to implementation on some of this stuff too.

Do you have more code than is in GIT, or do you mean you don't want to
merge the code from your GIT branches to master ?

TIA,

Erwin