xfs and gdm

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Jan 20 14:02:12 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 10:53 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> > Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> >> Any thoughts?
> >>

> > Fresh out...if I get some time on Friday, USA, I will fire up my FC4
> > installation and see if I can reproduce anything.  Not familiar with
> > e-machines.  Are their graphics adapters different from the working FC4
> > machine?
> >
> Can't reproduce anything on my installation.  Do you recall whether you
> copied some config files from the working machine to the non-working
> machines at some point?

Good news I found a corrupted /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/config in each
affected pc.  The Red Hat staff was correct.

Take a look the link below for the details:

The only problem left is that I am certain the file became corrupted by
a recent FC4 update.  Fortunately the update left a config.bak file
available and all I did was rename it to config.  After the reboot xfs
has worked perfectly on all 3 units, and the gui works perfectly again.

Thanks again for your help !!!!!