i810 modesetting

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jul 7 23:25:29 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 21:39 -0700, kmand wrote:

> Section "Monitor"
>   Option       "CalcAlgorithm" "XServerPool"
>   DisplaySize  300 230
>   HorizSync    30-82
>   Identifier   "Monitor[0]"
>   Option       "DPMS"
>   VendorName   "--> LCD"
>   VertRefresh  50-60
>   UseModes     "Modes[0]"
> EndSection

I'd eliminate all of the settings save the DPMS one from this section;
they should all be correctly autodetected at this point.

> (II) I810(0): Found panel of size 1024x768 in BIOS VBT tables

Ah, there's the trouble -- the current code won't let you use VGA sizes
beyond the native panel size. We're working on fixing it by new RandR
stuff, but it's not done yet. You can manually disable the LVDS port
with configuration changes if you like; that should solve this issue,
with the side-effect of shutting off the internal LCD screen.

I'm hoping to demonstrate new RandR functionality during DDC in 10 days;
we'll see how far we get...

keith.packard at intel.com